Bentonville Multiple DUI/DWI Attorney
Protecting Your Rights When You Are Most Vulnerable
Facing multiple DWI (Driving While Intoxicated) charges in Arkansas, or any state for that matter, can have profound and far-reaching consequences that extend well beyond the courtroom. Each subsequent offense carries increasingly severe penalties, including fines, license suspensions, mandatory treatment programs, and potential jail time. These legal repercussions, combined with the social stigma and personal challenges that come with multiple DWI convictions, can significantly impact your life.
Fortunately, seeking the guidance and representation of a skilled DWI attorney can be a crucial step in navigating these challenging circumstances. A DWI attorney can provide invaluable assistance in understanding the complexities of the legal system, advocating for your rights, and working to mitigate the consequences you face, potentially offering a path toward minimizing the long-term impact on your personal and professional life.
At Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law, we understand that a multiple DWI convictions can have a significant impact on your life. That is why we are committed to providing high-quality legal services to help you achieve the best possible outcome for your case.
What Happens if You Are Charged With Multiple DWIs?
In Arkansas, as in many other states in the United States, the penalties for Driving While Intoxicated (DWI) become progressively more severe with each subsequent offense. If you get charged with DWI multiple times in Arkansas, you can expect increasingly severe consequences, which may include fines, license suspension or revocation, mandatory alcohol education or treatment programs, and even potential jail time. Here's a general overview of what happens for multiple DWI offenses in Arkansas:
First DWI Offense:
- In Arkansas, a first-time DWI offense is typically considered a misdemeanor.
- Penalties often include a fine, which can vary depending on the specific circumstances but may range from $150 to $1,000.
- A suspended or restricted driver's license for a period of six months to one year.
- Mandatory participation in an alcohol education program.
- Potential probation or community service.
- No mandatory jail time for first-time offenders unless there are aggravating factors like a very high blood alcohol content (BAC) or a minor in the vehicle.
Second DWI Offense:
- A second DWI offense in Arkansas within five years of the first offense is also considered a misdemeanor.
- Penalties become significantly harsher and may include a fine ranging from $400 to $3,000.
- A driver's license suspension for a longer duration, typically up to two years.
- Mandatory alcohol education and treatment programs.
- A mandatory minimum jail sentence of seven days (up to one year) with the possibility of community service as an alternative.
- The installation of an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle after the suspension period.
Third or Subsequent DWI Offense:
- A third or subsequent DWI offense within five years of the previous convictions is classified as a felony in Arkansas.
- Penalties become even more severe, including higher fines, longer license suspensions, and longer mandatory jail sentences.
- Fines can range from $900 to $5,000.
- A driver's license revocation for a period of 30 months or more.
- Mandatory imprisonment for a minimum of 90 days up to one year, with the possibility of parole or probation.
- Mandatory participation in an alcohol treatment program.
- Installation of an ignition interlock device (IID) in your vehicle after the suspension or revocation period.
It's important to note that these penalties may vary based on the specific circumstances of each case, and the legal landscape can change over time due to legislative updates or changes in law enforcement practices. Additionally, having multiple DWI convictions on your record can have lasting consequences, including increased insurance rates and a significant impact on your personal and professional life.
If you are facing DWI charges in Arkansas, it is essential to consult with an experienced attorney who can provide guidance and representation tailored to your specific situation. Legal professionals can help you navigate the legal process, negotiate potential plea bargains, and work to minimize the consequences you face.
How Can Our DWI Lawyer Help?
At Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law, we understand the severe consequences that come with being charged with multiple DWIs. Our experienced criminal defense attorneys are dedicated to providing the best possible legal representation to help you navigate through this difficult time.
Our multiple DWI services include:
- Legal Consultation: Our attorneys will provide you with legal guidance and answer any questions you may have regarding your multiple DWI charges. We will review your case and provide you with a clear understanding of your legal options.
- Defense Strategy: We will develop a defense strategy that is tailored to your specific case. Our attorneys will thoroughly investigate the circumstances surrounding your arrest and gather evidence to build a strong defense on your behalf.
- Negotiation: Our attorneys will negotiate with the prosecution to obtain the best possible outcome for your case. We will work towards reducing or dismissing the charges against you, and minimizing the penalties and fines you may face.
- Court Representation: If your case goes to trial, our attorneys will provide aggressive representation in court. We will present your case in a clear and concise manner, and fight to protect your rights and interests.
- Post-Conviction Relief: If you have already been convicted of multiple DWIs, our attorneys can help you seek post-conviction relief. We will explore all possible options for reducing your sentence or reversing your conviction.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our experienced criminal defense attorneys.
Over the years, Cody W. Dowden has represented thousands of clients. He provides honest and straightforward representation to ensure that he works towards the best outcome in your case. Call (479) 777-0640 to learn more.
100% Focus on Criminal Law
Unlike other firms that handle every type of case in the book, I focus exclusively on criminal law. I live and breathe it. You can trust in my focus.
When You Hire Me, You Get Me
You won't be passed off to another lawyer or spend all of your time talking to a paralegal. I am your attorney. I'll be there every step of the way.
Accessible Legal Defense
Life is busy and it can be hard to take the time you need to meet with your attorney. That's why I offer phone appointments for your convenience.
Affordable Fees & Payment Plans
Protecting your legal rights shouldn't take every penny in your bank account. That's why I offer reasonable fees and payment plans.