Bentonville Felony Lawyer
Defending Charges in Benton County &
If you’ve been charged with a felony in Arkansas, it is highly recommended that you hire professional legal representation to guide you through this difficult process.
Penalties for felonies are significantly more severe than those for misdemeanors, and the right Bentonville felony defense lawyer can help guide you through the process, ensuring that you understand the charges you are facing and what your options are.
Examples of Felony Charges Include:
- Possession or delivery of a controlled substance
- DWI – fourth offense or higher
- Theft crimes
- Violent crimes
- Sex crimes
- Certain traffic violations
I have represented thousands of clients, trying hundreds of cases. I am committed to providing all of my clients with the compassionate, aggressive defense they deserve.
What Class is a Felony in Arkansas?
A felony in the state of Arkansas is considered to be a Class A felony. The above crimes carry sentence of six years, but no more than 30 years.
Understanding the Consequences of Felony Charges
Being charged with a felony can have serious and long-lasting consequences. It is important to understand the potential outcomes and penalties associated with different felony charges in Arkansas. At Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law, we provide personalized representation to help you navigate the legal process and protect your rights.
Here are some key points to consider:
- Penalties vary based on the class of felony: Felonies in Arkansas are classified from Class Y (the most serious) to Class D (the least serious). The higher the class, the more severe the potential penalties.
- Possible consequences of felony charges: Felony convictions can result in imprisonment, fines, probation, loss of certain rights (such as voting or owning firearms), and a permanent criminal record. These consequences can impact your personal and professional life for years to come.
- Building a strong defense: With our experience in criminal defense, we will thoroughly evaluate the evidence against you, challenge any weaknesses in the prosecution's case, and work towards achieving the best possible outcome for your situation.
- Protecting your rights: It is crucial to have an attorney who will advocate for your rights throughout the legal process. We will ensure that your rights are protected at every stage, from arrest to trial, and work towards minimizing the impact of the charges against you.
Don't face felony charges alone. Contact Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law today to schedule a consultation and discuss your case. We are committed to providing personalized and effective representation to help you navigate the complexities of the criminal justice system.
Over the years, Cody W. Dowden has represented thousands of clients. He provides honest and straightforward representation to ensure that he works towards the best outcome in your case. Call (479) 777-0640 to learn more.
In Arkansas, there are several different classifications for felonies, each with their own limits for jail time and fines. Understanding your felony case and the potential penalties associated with conviction can be complicated and not having appropriate representation can have potentially devastating consequences on your future.
The Different Felony Classes in Arkansas and Their Punishment’s Are as Follows:
- Capital Murder: life in prison or the death penalty
- Class Y: 10-40 years or life in prison
- Class A: 6-30 years in prison, up to a $15,000 fine
- Class B: 5-20 years in prison, up to a $15,000 fine
- Class C: 3-10 years in prison, up to a $10,000 fine
- Class D: 0-6 years in prison, up to a $10,000 fine
- Unclassified felony: the sentence complies with the limitation of the statute which defines the felony
Personalized Representation Against Arkansas Felonies
If you or a loved one have been charged with a felony in Bentonville, AR, I am here to help. I offer free case evaluations and will help you understand the charges you’re facing. Together we can determine your best course of action. I have been a licensed lawyer for over a decade, and when you hire me, you truly get me. I work with my clients directly, ensuring that every case gets the personalized attention it deserves.
Contact Benton County defense attorney, Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law today for a FREE case evaluation!
100% Focus on Criminal Law
Unlike other firms that handle every type of case in the book, I focus exclusively on criminal law. I live and breathe it. You can trust in my focus.
When You Hire Me, You Get Me
You won't be passed off to another lawyer or spend all of your time talking to a paralegal. I am your attorney. I'll be there every step of the way.
Accessible Legal Defense
Life is busy and it can be hard to take the time you need to meet with your attorney. That's why I offer phone appointments for your convenience.
Affordable Fees & Payment Plans
Protecting your legal rights shouldn't take every penny in your bank account. That's why I offer reasonable fees and payment plans.