Bentonville Felony Criminal Lawyer
Seek Aggressive Representation in Northwest Arkansas
If you’ve been charged with a felony in Arkansas, it is highly recommended that you hire professional legal representation to guide you through this difficult process. Penalties for felonies are significantly more severe than those for misdemeanors, and the right Bentonville criminal defense lawyer can help guide you through the process, ensuring that you understand the charges you are facing and what your options are.
Examples of felony charges include:
- Possession or delivery of a controlled substance
- DWI – fourth offense or higher
- Theft crimes
- Violent crimes
- Sex crimes
- Certain traffic violations
I have represented thousands of clients, trying hundreds of cases. I am committed to providing all of my clients with the compassionate, aggressive defense they deserve.
Felony Classes in Arkansas
In Arkansas, there are several different classifications for felonies, each with their own limits for jail time and fines. Understanding your felony case and the potential penalties associated with conviction can be complicated and not having appropriate representation can have potentially devastating consequences on your future.
The different felony classes in Arkansas are as follows:
- Capital Murder: life in prison or the death penalty
- Class Y: 10-40 years or life in prison
- Class A: 6-30 years in prison, up to a $15,000 fine
- Class B: 5-20 years in prison, up to a $15,000 fine
- Class C: 3-10 years in prison, up to a $10,000 fine
- Class D: 0-6 years in prison, up to a $10,000 fine
- Unclassified felony: the sentence complies with the limitation of the statute which defines the felony
Call Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law for a Free Case Evaluation
If you or a loved one have been charged with a felony in Bentonville, AR, I am here to help. I offer free case evaluations and will help you understand the charges you’re facing. Together we can determine your best course of action. I have been a licensed lawyer for over a decade, and when you hire me, you truly get me. I work with my clients directly, ensuring that every case gets the personalized attention it deserves.
Serious problems require effective solutions. Call (479) 777-0640 to speak with Cody W. Dowden, a Bentonville criminal defense lawyer, today.