Bentonville Sex Crime Attorney
What to Do If You’ve Been Charged with a Sex Offense in Northwest Arkansas
If you’ve been accused of a sex crime, the consequences of a conviction can have lifelong consequences. Even a mere accusation can negatively impact your life. If you or a loved one have been charged with a sex crime in Arkansas, it is important to seek out skilled legal counsel as soon as possible.
During a free consultation, I will evaluate your case and ensure that you understand the charges brought against you, as well as what your options are.
To work with an experienced sex crime lawyer in Bentonville and throughout Benton County. Contact Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law today at (479) 777-0640 for a free consultation.
Over the years, Cody W. Dowden has represented thousands of clients. He provides honest and straightforward representation to ensure that he works towards the best outcome in your case. Call (479) 777-0640 to learn more.
The Experience to Handle Your
Sex Crime Charges
Being charged with a sex crime is devastating. In addition to fines and possible jail time, a conviction can lead to a permanently damaged reputation and having to register as a sex offender for the rest of your life. As a former Deputy Prosecuting Attorney, I have direct knowledge of how the courts prosecute sex crime cases in Arkansas. When you call me for your free case evaluation, I can tell you more about how your case will proceed should you enlist my services.
I Handle Cases Involving:
- Sexual abuse, assault, or rape
- Statutory rape
- Child pornography
- Failure to register as a sex offender
What are the Penalties for Sex Crimes in Arkansas?
The penalties for sex crimes in Arkansas can vary depending on the specific offense and the circumstances of the case, but they can be pretty severe. Some possible penalties for sex crimes in the state include the following:
- Rape: This crime is punishable by 5 to 40 years in prison, and the sentence can be increased to life in prison if the victim is under 14 years of age or if the offender has prior rape convictions.
- Sexual assault: This crime is punishable by up to 20 years in prison, and the sentence can be increased to life in prison if the victim is under 14 years of age or if the offender has prior sexual assault convictions.
- Prostitution: Solicitation of prostitution is a Class A misdemeanor and can result in up to a year in jail. Promoting prostitution is a Class B felony and can result in up to 20 years in prison.
- Online Solicitation of a minor: This crime is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- Child molestation: This crime is punishable by up to 20 years in prison. The sentence can be increased to life in prison if the victim is under 14 years of age or if the offender has prior child molestation convictions.
- Statutory rape: This crime is defined as sexual intercourse with a person under the age of consent, 16 years old, in Arkansas. This crime can be charged as a Class Y felony and can result in life in prison.
- Possession of child pornography: This crime is punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- Failure to register as a sex offender: According to Arkansas law, anyone convicted of a sex crime must register as a sex offender. Failure to do so is a separate crime that can result in additional penalties. Failure to register as a sex offender is a Class D felony and is punishable by up to 6 years in prison.
It is worth noting that these crimes carry severe consequences, not only in terms of possible imprisonment but also social stigma and collateral consequences, like being on the sex offender registry. That is why it is essential to contact an experienced criminal defense attorney if facing any of these charges.
Serious Problems Require Effective Solutions
Being accused of or charged with a sex crime is a difficult, overwhelming experience, and I believe everyone deserves compassionate and aggressive legal representation. When you hire my firm, you actually work with me. I am a practicing criminal defense lawyer in Bentonville, and I am committed to providing my clients with the personalized attention they deserve.
Call (479) 777-0640 for a free case evaluation with Cody W. Dowden, Attorney at Law.
I proudly serve clients throughout Benton County and Northwest Arkansas.
Reasons to Choose Cody W. DowdenThe Right Choice for Your Defense
100% Focus on Criminal Law
Unlike other firms that handle every type of case in the book, I focus exclusively on criminal law. I live and breathe it. You can trust in my focus.
When You Hire Me, You Get Me
You won't be passed off to another lawyer or spend all of your time talking to a paralegal. I am your attorney. I'll be there every step of the way.
Accessible Legal Defense
Life is busy and it can be hard to take the time you need to meet with your attorney. That's why I offer phone appointments for your convenience.
Affordable Fees & Payment Plans
Protecting your legal rights shouldn't take every penny in your bank account. That's why I offer reasonable fees and payment plans.
Contact Cody W. Dowden Today
Request Your Free Consultation